I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, May 7, 2010

Families Are Forever!! Give me a waa-hoo!!

"The Happiest moments of my life have been the few I have passed at home in the bosom of my family."
Thomas Jefferson

We have had a sweet time this week with Cam, Whit and Charlie here. I thought they were coming the Friday night before Apple Blossom, but they surprised me and showed up Thursday night. Heavenly surprise!!

So all week I've been playing with Charlie Boy. I get alone time with him each morning so his mom can go back to bed. I have no words to describe how sweet this relationship is between Charlie and I. But I'm so grateful for it!

Whitney has gone with Jess to see Brad Reimer and also her physician. She is such a voice of reason. Brad asked if she had thought about being a counselor as her questions for him and for Jess were so thought provoking. After meeting with Brad, Jessamyn wanted all of us to have a little family meeting so we could really talk about what's happening now at the end of her pregnancy.

We knelt together as a family and Cam prayed that we'd be able to say what needed to be said and that we'd be able to fully support Jessamyn in what she needs from each of us. Jessamyn cried and told us her several reasons for why she's placing her baby. It was sad but touching to see my baby girl want to do this wonderful and difficult thing. She's going to write her reasons all down so we can all have them. She also asked us to remind her when it gets really hard, as she feels it coming on now, of some of the reasons why she's doing this. She's so amazing. And again, Whitney is so great at keeping everyone focused on what's important, talking calmly, listening for understanding, etc. She's really been so great and Jess is hoping she will come when she has the baby.